Thursday 12 September 2013

I'm too cowardly to say this to your face

Warning: this blog entry contains explicit language.

Every time you do it, I cringe. Yet I stay silent. I feel that saying it here is the only way I would ever be brave enough to call you on.

My dear Christian friend, why do you use the Lord's name in vain? How is it that you overlook His clear commandment:
"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain" (Exodus 20:7)

It makes me shudder every time I hear you say this:

and this:


and this:


Do not fool yourself in thinking that this is okay. Where's your respect?
"'The Lord's name is holy.' For this reason man must not abuse it. He must keep it in mind in silent, loving adoration. He will not introduce it into his own speech except to bless, praise, and glorify it." (CCC 2143)
Just think twice next time you feel inclined to say "OMG".

God bless,
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment